Objectives of the Department
• To provide the best education in Accounting so as to equip young men and women for careers as Accounting Educators and Practitioners nationally and internationally.
• To sufficiently prepare students for career in teaching, research and consultancy in Accounting and related disciplines.
• To equip students of Accounting with the skills needed for recognizing and defining problems and taking appropriate decision using current scientific techniques and ICT.
• To consolidate and expand the frontiers of knowledge in Accounting through development of teaching materials, research and publications.
• To inculcate in students the awareness of, and sensitivity to, environmental factors and conditions and their impact on Accounting thought and practice.
• To develop students in leadership and interpersonal relation skills that is needed for working in organizations.