About Postgraduate Programmes
- M.Sc. Accounting and Finance
- PhD Accounting and Finance
- Postgraduate Diploma in Accounting & Finance
- Masters in Banking and Finance
- Masters in Accounting
- M.Phil. Accounting and Finance
Mission of the Department
- To produce high quality graduates with the highest level of professionalism, and academic astuteness capable of meeting the changing needs and challenges of the Nigerian environment;
- To train high level manpower with ICT competences that can cope with the challenges of globalization;
- To be a role model among Academic Units in Ahmadu Bello University in terms of deliverables and deliveries.
Specific Objectives of the Department
- To provide the best education in Accounting so as to equip young men and women for careers as Accounting Educators and Practitioners nationally and internationally.
- To sufficiently prepare students for career in teaching, research and consultancy in Accounting and related disciplines.
- To equip students of Accounting with the skills needed for recognizing and defining problems and taking appropriate decision using current scientific techniques and ICT.
- To consolidate and expand the frontiers of knowledge in Accounting through development of teaching materials, research and publications.
- To inculcate in students the awareness of, and sensitivity to, environmental factors and conditions and their impact on Accounting thought and practice.
- To develop students in leadership and interpersonal relation skills that is needed for working in organizations.